CHANGE IMPLEMENTATION AND MANAGEMENT PLAN
It is one of the most cliché of clichés, but it nevertheless rings true: The only constant is change. As a nursing professional, you are no doubt aware that success in the healthcare field requires the ability to adapt to change, as the pace of change in healthcare may be without rival.
As a professional, you will be called upon to share expertise, inform, educate, and advocate. Your efforts in these areas can help lead others through change. In this Assignment, you will propose a change within your organization and present a comprehensive plan to implement the change you propose.
Be sure to review the Learning Resources before completing this activity.
Click the weekly resources link to access the resources.
- Review the Resources and identify one change that you believe is called for in your organization/workplace.
- This may be a change necessary to effectively address one or more of the issues you addressed in the Workplace Environment Assessment you submitted in Module 4. It may also be a change in response to something not addressed in your previous efforts. It may be beneficial to discuss your ideas with your organizational leadership and/or colleagues to help identify and vet these ideas.
- Reflect on how you might implement this change and how you might communicate this change to organizational leadership.
The Assignment (5-6-minute narrated PowerPoint presentation):
Change Implementation and Management Plan
Create a 5- or 6-slide narrated PowerPoint that presents a comprehensive plan to implement changes you propose.
Your narrated presentation should be 5–6 minutes in length.
Your Change Implementation and Management Plan should include the following:
- An executive summary of the issues that are currently affecting your organization/workplace (This can include the work you completed in your Workplace Environment Assessment previously submitted, if relevant.)
- A description of the change being proposed
- Justifications for the change, including why addressing it will have a positive impact on your organization/workplace
- Details about the type and scope of the proposed change
- Identification of the stakeholders impacted by the change
- Identification of a change management team (by title/role)
- A plan for communicating the change you propose
- A description of risk mitigation plans you would recommend to address the risks anticipated by the change you propose
Alternate Submission Method
You may also use Kaltura Personal Capture to record your narrated PowerPoint. This option will require you to create your PowerPoint slides first. Then, follow the Personal Capture instructions outlined on the Kaltura Media UploaderLinks to an external site. page. This page will walk you through downloading the tool and help you become familiar with the features of Personal Capture. When you are ready to begin recording, you may turn off the webcam option so that only “Screen” and “Audio” are enabled. Start your recording and then open your PowerPoint to slide show view. Once the recording is complete, follow the instructions found on the “Posting Your Video in the Classroom Guide” found on the Kaltura Media page for instructions on how to submit your video. For this option, in addition to submitting your video, you must also upload your PowerPoint file which must include your speaker notes.
BY DAY 2 OF WEEK 11
Submit your narrated Change Implementation and Management Plan. Review the following submission instructions for the type of submission you choose.
SUBMISSION INFORMATION – NARRATED POWERPOINT
Before submitting your final assignment, you can check your draft for authenticity. To check your draft, access the Turnitin Drafts from the Start Here area.
- To submit your completed assignment, save your Assignment as WK11Assgn_LastName_Firstinitial
- Then, click on Start Assignment near the top of the page.
- Next, click on Upload File and select Submit Assignment for review.
SUBMISSION INFORMATION – KALTURA PERSONAL CAPTURE
To submit your Kaltura media:
- Click on Start Assignment near the top of the page.
- Next, click Text Entry and then click the Embed Kaltura Media button.
- Select your recorded video under My Media.
- Check the box for the End-User License Agreement and select Submit Assignment for review.
Change Implementation and Management Plan
Proposed Change Description
Justification for Change
Type and Scope of the Proposed Change
Change Management Team
Plan for Change Communication
Recommended Risk mitigation plans
Borkowski, N., & Meese, K. A. (2020). Organizational behavior in health care. Jones & Bartlett Learning.
Gillett, H. (2022). Change Management in Health Care Organization: Systematized literature review on factors supporting change in health care organization context. https://urn.fi/URN:NBN:fi:amk-2022060515406
Karimi, E., Sohrabi, Z., & Aalaa, M. (2022). Change Management in Medical Contexts, especially in Medical Education: A Systematized Review. Journal of Advances in Medical Education & Professionalism, 10(4), 219–227. https://doi.org/10.30476/JAMP.2022.96519.1704
Pollack, J., & Pollack, R. (2015). Using Kotter’s eight-stage process to manage an organizational change program: Presentation and practice. Systemic Practice and Action Research, 28, 51-66. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11213-014-9317-0
Tistad, M., Palmcrantz, S., Wallin, L., Ehrenberg, A., Olsson, C. B., Tomson, G., Holmqvist, L. W., Gifford, W., & Eldh, A. C. (2016). Developing leadership in managers to facilitate the implementation of national guideline Recommendations: A process evaluation of feasibility and usefulness. International Journal of Health Policy and Management, 5(8), 477–486. https://doi.org/10.15171/ijhpm.2016.35